The Idea and the problems of today travel woes.
This search tool has been designed as an Initiative to promote Public transport and encourage the general public to use Bus and local transport. Thus trying to ease traffic as well pollution issues, Global warming etc. The site also features the driving directions if you have to use bikes, car etc for local travel and reduce the confusions common with big cities. Rapid expansion of local transport catering to all types of users has made every one to think about using local transport. so how do we simplify the search and choose the right bus and bus route. Brain storming the solution ended in creation of this website. Bringing the local transport at the fingertips of the users. Ability to choose, bus, metro, cars and bike with ease for faster and quicker travel.tellmyroute.com.
One stop solution for all the local travel needs, Finding bus no, checking the bus route of the bus, figuring out what buses land up in the bus stop and trying out all the possible stop combination for a one hop travel to the destination ( reach your destination by just changing one bus ). Also finding the stops near your place.
- You don’t want to use bus, no problems, check the driving directions area once you have made the search. The route search area will give the driving directions provided by Google or Microsoft.
- Are you bored of any map? You can switch to any map like Google, Yahoo or Microsoft maps in the Live Maps sections.
- You want to view all the maps and verify the results? you can do that just by select the maps you want to use in Live Maps.
Finding the route is based on various algorithms like Dijkstra's algorithm, A* search algorithm and Floyd-Warshall algorithm. This algorithm was further developed considering the Indian cities requirements are very different.
The web application is built on Microsoft Asp.net with c# and uses Ajax, JSON. Databases are in SQL Server.
Maps used are Virtual Earth by Microsoft, Google maps by Google and Yahoo maps by Yahoo.
The buses routes were collected from various bus route maps available in shops and across various internet resources.
The website was tested both in Internet Explorer 7 and Mozilla Firefox 3.0 versions with screen resolutions starting from 1024 * 768 up to 1680 * 1050 pixels.
The help is available on the website to find what you want to do in this website.
Future plans are soon
- The website will be launched on mobile through wap technology.
- Website will provide metro and local train results.
- You can also find where the bus exactly when you think about the bus
- You can also find where the buses are around your choosen places.
Your Opinion Matters
Please login your feedback and log a bug or request a feature available on the website. You can also mail on the mail ids
This is still in Beta
So please do use with due diligence.