Top Directions at Pune
- Khadi Machine [Kondhava]/Shivajinagar Station
- Bharati Vidyapeeth [Computer College]/Mandai
- Ganpati Matha/Swargate
- Wakad Phata/Jagtap Dairy [Wakad]
- Bhakti Shakti/Hadapsar Gadital
- Nhavi Sandas/Pmc
- Nda Gate [Kondhva Gate]/Nda Gate [Kondhva Gate]
- Ganpati Matha/Ganpati Matha
- Kothrud Depot/Rajiv Gandhi Nagar [Upper Depot]
Public Transport Details for Pune
Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Ltd or PMPML, is the public transport service provider for the city of Pune and Pune Metropolitan region, which includes areas surrounding Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad.
At present, the PMPML has around 1000 buses on the roads on a given day. The number of routes has almost reached 300 due to the addition of a couple of new routes over the past few months, operating 63.4 million km of route and transports approximately 0.23 billion passengers per annum. Bus fares are charged on the basis of km travelled, and range from the minimum fare of Rs.1.4 for 2 km to Rs.14.85 for a journey of 60 km.
Pune Bus Rapid Transit
The city of Pune was the first in India to experiment with a Bus Rapid Transit system. PMPML started plying pilot routes in December 2006. The project consists of 16.5 kilometres (10.3 mi) of bus lanes along the Pune Satara Road using airconditioned, low-floor more than 500 Volvo B7RLE buses.
Katraj - Swargate - Hadapsar. (Via Pune-Satara road, Shankarsheth road - 16.5 km)